Frequently Asked Questions
- Which medication is most suitable for me?
- At Assured Pharmacy we offer a wide range of treatments which can help you to overcome ED. The medicines we offer differ in how quickly they work and the duration of efficacy. We advise you undertake our online consultation to see which medicine is suitable for you.
- Which is most popular?
Typically, Sildenafil is more popular as it is better value for money, however this is a personal preference and if you would like to know more information you should contact Assured Pharmacy.
Viagra is the more expensive branded form of the generic medicine Sildenafil. Both medicines have EXACTLY the same active ingredient and will work in EXACTLY the same way. Generic medicines are always better value for money.
- Which strength should I order?
- The strength you choose to order will depend on several factors. The recommended starting dose for Sildenafil (Viagra) is 50mg and this will be suitable for most people. If this dose is not effective, you can increase the strength to 100mg. If you notice any side effects with 50mg you can decrease the strength to 25mg. The number of tablets you purchase will be a personal preference based on how often you intend to use them. If you wish to talk to our pharmacist or prescribers about this, please contact us on 01625 460621 or email [email protected].
- How long does the medicaton last?
- Depending on the medication it starts to work within 30-60mins and stays active in your body for up to 4 hours. This does not mean you will have an erection for up to 4 hours. In order for the ED medication to be effective, you need to be sexually stimulated or aroused.
- What if you take ED medication and decide not to have intercourse?
- If you've taken ED medication and don't have intercourse, relax. It's quite common. There are any number of reasons why plans change. Something might come up and you have to go out, a visitor could arrive, or maybe you just decide you're not up for it anymore. You need to be aroused and sexually stimulated for ED medication to be effective. If you decide not to have intercourse, you're unlikely to get an erection because of the lack of sexual stimulation.
- What if ED medication isn't effective for me?
- If you've tried ED medication and you're still not getting results, contact Assured Pharmacy to get professional advice from our helpful clinicians. Do not increase your dose or take more than one tablet a day as this can cause side effects without increasing efficacy.
- Is Sildenafil fake Viagra?
- Sildenafil is the medical name for the active ingredient in Viagra tablets. The patent for Viagra held by the drug company Pfizer expired in June 2013. Since then, several UK licensed brands of Sildenafil have become available from various pharmaceutical manufacturers. These companies market sildenafil branded by their company names and known as 'generic' sildenafil.
- Is this medicine made in the UK?
- Assured Pharmacy guarantees that all our Sildenafil products are made here in the UK by a well-known UK generics manufacturer called Accord who are based in Devon. We pay more for our generic products to ensure that you are getting quality UK manufactured and licensed medicines.
- Can I take ED medication when I have been drinking?
- Drinking alcohol can affect your ability to get an erection. For the medicine to work to its full effect, it is advised not to drink excessive amounts of alcohol before using this medication.
- Will I get side effects?
- ED medication oral tablet doesn't cause drowsiness, but it can cause other side effects such as headache, dizziness and nausea. Side effects normally subside after a few hours, however, if you experience a prolonged or painful erection (longer than 4 hours), then you must seek medical attention.
- How does it work?
- It relaxes the blood vessels in your penis so more blood can flow into it. That means when you are sexually aroused you get and keep an erection hard enough for sex.
- What is ED?
Erectile dysfunction (impotence) is the inability to get and keep an erection firm enough for sex.
Having erection trouble from time to time isn't necessarily a cause for concern. If erectile dysfunction is an ongoing issue, however, it can cause stress, affect your self-confidence, and contribute to relationship problems. Problems getting or keeping an erection can also be a sign of an underlying health condition that needs treatment. Erectile dysfunction is also known to be a potential risk factor for heart disease.