By consenting to this privacy notice, you are confirming that you have read and understood this policy, including how and why we use your information. In line with the GDPR Assured Pharmacy in acting as a data controller / processor is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We value the trust you place in us by providing the personal information we need to provision our services. The statement below details when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you, or that which we can link to you. We may change this policy from time to time to reflect updated regulations, so please check this page regularly. By using our services, you are agreeing to abide by this policy.
Who are we
Assured Pharmacy is a Manchester based online pharmacy service. We are a company limited by guarantee (No 08849099). Our registered address is Springfield House, Wilmslow SK9 5BG
What information do we collect and why?
The personal information we collect you provide voluntarily. We process this personal information to allow us to enter into an agreement with you and provide services.
A summary of the information we collect and why is listed below.
In providing you with our services we may collect:
Patient and customer personal details such as your name, address, phone numbers, email address and date of birth.
Proof of identity such as a copy of your passport or driving license.
Credit card and debit card details
Information relating to your previous medical history and medicines prescribed to you by us.
Information related to your browsing activities including your IP address.
Why do we collect this information?
We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy. In order to provide clients with information and quotes for our goods and services, we make use of your contact information such as name, address, phone number and email to engage in correspondence. We will also correspond with you from time to time to inform you of changes or improvements to services. Additionally, as permitted under soft-opt in and the GDPR, existing customers will also be sent marketing information and offers relating to our products. You can choose to opt out of such marketing at any time using the unsubscribe option or the preferences in your online customer account. We also collect sensitive personal data from you in the form of your medical history to ensure we prescribe medicines safely and accurately. Due to government regulations we have a duty to confirm our patient’s identity. Proof of identification is sometimes requested in the form of a passport or driving license as we have a legal obligation to confirm and verify the identity of the individual we are prescribing medicine to.
The information that we collect automatically is used to protect our websites and improve them.
Will Assured Pharmacy share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data to third-party service providers contracted to Assured Pharmacy. This is strictly for the purposes of providing services to you or improving them. All third parties are obliged to keep your details securely and to use them only to fulfil the services they provide on our behalf. We will also share your sensitive personal details with prescribers, clinicians and other health-care professionals for the purposes of making a medical diagnosis to prescribe your medicines. When third parties no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Assured Pharmacies procedures. We can share data with GPT Medical Services for the purpose of fulfilling orders. Where necessary or required to provide and improve our services we share information with: (List available on request)
When you use our Royal Mail collection service Royal mail will receive your email address and mobile number to inform you when your order is ready for collection.
Transferring your data outside of the EU
The legal bases for using your personal information
There are different legal bases that we rely on to process your personal information, these are:
- Performance of a contract to clients to provide services – We undertake processing necessary to meet our contractual obligations to clients as the lawful basis for processing personal data.
- Legal Obligation – We undertake processing necessary to meet our legal obligations as a data controller as the lawful basis for processing your personal data. In particular our obligations to HMRC.
- Consent – We undertake processing necessary to provide direct marketing under the basis of consent
- Legitimate Interest
The legal bases for using sensitive personal information
We process sensitive personal information about you such as your medical history because:
- It is necessary for the purposes of preventive or occupational medicine, to assess whether you are able to work, medical diagnosis, to provide health or social care or treatment, or to manage health-care or social-care systems (including to monitor whether we are meeting expectations relating to our clinical and non-clinical performance).
How long do we hold your data for?
Assured Pharmacy will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not to keep it for longer than is necessary. You can view and update your personal data by editing your customer profile on the Assured Pharmacy website. We will only hold your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide you with our services. We also retain data for longer periods so as to meet our legal obligations to regulatory bodies which are set by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies and associations. All personal data we hold is subject to this privacy notice and our internal data retention policy. If you have a question about a specific retention period for certain types of personal information we process about you, please send an email to [email protected]
Assured Pharmacy is committed to protecting the personal information you entrust to us. While we take reasonable precautions to guard the personal information we collect, no system is impenetrable. Unfortunately, sending information via e-mail is not completely secure; anything you send is done so at your own risk. Once received, we will secure your information in accordance with our security procedures and controls. Assured Pharmacy takes measures to prevent information about you being subject to loss, theft, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. For example, we store the personal data you provide to us on computer systems that have limited access and are located in controlled facilities. We also ensure that our third-party suppliers provide adequate security measures.
Assured Pharmacy wants you to be in control of how your personal data is used by us, you can do this by exercising the rights granted to you under the GDPR.
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete. We rely on you to ensure that your personal information is complete, accurate and up to date. Please inform us promptly of any changes to or inaccuracies in your personal information that you cannot correct yourself via the website by contacting [email protected]
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation. Please address such requests to [email protected] and we will be happy to work with you to provide this information in a machine-readable format.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing - including profiling.
- Right to judicial review - in the event that Assured Pharmacy refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
Assured Pharmacy wishes to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal data. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ in doing so, you can request the following information:
- The purpose of the processing we undertake as well as the legal basis for doing so.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) that the data will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third party or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely and in line with GDPR requirements.
- How long the data we hold on you will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time (if applicable).
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Due to legal requirements we need to verify your identity. We attempt to do this using LexisNexis to perform identity checks. They will access public databases and credit agencies in order to verify your identity. This is known as a "soft search " and will not impact your credit file in any way. If we can not identify you automatically we may ask for identity documents.
Assured Pharmacy accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Passport or Driving Licence
How do I make a ‘Subject Access Request’?
Please send an email to [email protected] our team will provide you with a subject access request form and facilitate the request. We will respond to your request as soon as possible and within 30 days of your request form being formally submitted.
Should you have a complaint
Assured Pharmacy is committed to working with you to reach a fair resolution of any complaint or concern you may have about our use of your personal information. Please contact us in the first instance to discuss your concerns.
If you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint, you may have the right to file a complaint with the Information Commission.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Assured Pharmacy complaints contact details
Information Commission contact details
Information Commissioners Office
Address line 1:
Springfield House, Water Lane
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Address line 2:
Address line 3:
Use of 'cookies'
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website. Please refer to the following guides below if you wish to disable cookies.
Links to other websites
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review so please check often for changes. This Policy was last updated in April 2018.